Swim Meet Information
Taking part in competitive swimming provides swimmers with an opportunity to train with a purpose in mind, challenge themselves, feel part of a team, and learn from these experiences.
In order to compete at swim meets, swimmers will need to be a current member of M1 Swimming Club so they can enter/register for each meet.
Entering and attending swim meets
1. Work out your M1 Colour
M1 Colours is a system that makes entering swim meets simple. Once you know your M1 Colour, all you need to do is check out which meets are coming up for your colour.
Refer to the table below to work out which colour category you fall into based on your squad level at Tateswim or Academy of Swimming:
Academy of Swimming
Note: Meets for Masters swimmers can be found in the M1 Masters Calendar
2. Check out the Meets Listed
Refer to the swim meets listed under your M1 Colour. For each swim meet, the following information will be provided:
- Event information - this provides details about the meet (location/costs/events/age groups/closing dates, etc)
- Online entries - this is the link you click on to enter the meet online and to confirm your entry has been received
- Squad listing - this outlines which squads from Tateswim and Academy of Swimming can enter the meet
3. Enter the Meet
Click on the 'online entries' link for the swim meet you wish to enter, then select the 'enter' button in the top right hand corner. You will be required to Login using your username and password.
Once logged in, select the events you wish to enter and make payment. You will not be required to know your entry time, as the system will have that information based on prior meets you have participated in. If you have not raced before, the system will recognise this and enter the swimmer without a time.
For further assistance with entering swim meets, please contact the club.
4. Before attending the meet
Members will receive weekly news updates via email which include the following information about upcoming meets:
- Warm up and racing times
- Links to the program
5. What to do on the day
- Bring your gear - Make sure you have your bathers, goggles, towel and M1 uniform - water and snacks are also a good idea.
- Arrive on time - Coaches are there to warm you up and prepare you for racing, so show respect to your coach by arriving on time
- Sit together with team - All M1 swimmers are expected to sit together as a team at swim meets. Coaches will reinforce this and parents are asked to play their role in telling their children to sit with team mates. Parents are welcome to sit next to the team.
- Marshalling for your event - Check what event numbers are yours and marshall on time for your event
- Communicate with your coach - Before and after each event, talk to your coach as they may have some advice or feedback and support to give
- Support your team mates - Swimmers are part of a team, so make an effort to support members of your team
- Try your best - Give it your best shot when you race - learning to try 100% is a great life skill and you will always feel better if you know you tried.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship - Be nice and be fair. Represent yourself, your family, your coach and the club with honour.
- Role of coaches - Coaches from Tateswim and Academy of Swimming are there to support swimmers and help make the swim meet a positive experience.
- Role of parents - The domain of parents at swim meets is to support their child and reinforce any requests made by the coach.